Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trip to the swimming pool

This morning, Tanunya asked me to go for swimming with her. She has been asking me to go with her for at least 3 times this month, but each time I was so lazy I didn't wanna go. Today, I finally went with her and it's a refreshing experience. I haven't been exercising since I came to Europe, except the fact that I walk a lot during those travelling. :)

The visit to the swimming pool was basically a cultural shock to me, I have expected it but it's still shocking when I see it with my own eyes for the first time. In the shower, locker and sauna rooms for female, almost everybody went naked (I mean totally naked!) and all of us just walked around like no one's business. This is something that we won't see in Asia, at least not in Singapore or Indonesia. I was wearing my bikini and I decided to go into the sauna, but I was told that to be in the sauna, I have to be totally naked because the heat will evaporate the pool water which contain chlorine and other people will be breathing in chlorine gas. It makes sense scientifically, but going totally naked was *&#@$%?!? (I don't know how to say it). Anyway, after some thoughts, I decided that I should live and assimilate into the local culture, and so I plucked up some courage to take away my bikini and sit in the sauna for about half an hour. There were also children, both boys and girls who went into the sauna with their mothers, and everyone was naked. I felt uncomfortable in the beginning but after a while, I thought who cares? Really, nobody cares because everyone else, young and old alike, is also like you-totally naked! Hahaha..... It is a great experience anyway because I'm acting like a local now. :)

I weighed myself in the swimming pool, I think I lost some weight, maybe 2kg since I came to Europe. I don't understand why I lose weight because I didn't do fasting and I didn't really exercise (maybe just cycling and walking) and I eat more than I do in Singapore.

I have some photos of myself in bikini in the swimming pool but I'm not going to post them here because as Asian, I'm still shy. :) But I will post other photos taken during the visit here.....





No comments: