On Monday, we celebrated Artur's birthday and the cook for the day was Bryan. We were amazed by his cooking skills. It was unexpected of a guy. :) He prepared for us quiche, cheesy french bread and mashed potatoes. It was a last minute dinner but fortunately, all our container members were present, except Sarah who never joined us for any dinner.
Today, I finally succeed in programming a super tedious and difficult assignment question. I have been working with the Matlab codes for at least the past 5 days, spending long hours each time. Rogelio has also been workig very hard with programming the Mathematics. Sometimes, I get really frustrated with it and I asked Rogelio to continue with the work. I must thank him for always being so patient and willingly work and check my codes till late hours even though he has morning class the next day.
He has developed at least 2 programs, but unfortunately the outputs are wrong because the theory behind the programs are wrong. I tried very hard to explain to him the theory so that he can improve on his codes to generate the correct output. Maybe I was not good enough in explaining because last night he sent me a new program which again didn't work correctly. I almost gave up, I was really frustrated and I wanted to just throw this stupid question away.
This morning, I woke up with a clear mind and I patiently sit down to figure out step by step how to write the codes and keep track of all the elements in the matrices. There are 8 loops altogether in a single program, with a nested 'for' loop. So you can imagine how much effort and energy is required to work out each and every loop and to keep track of the performance of each of them because with just one wrong loop, the whole program will not work correctly.
I overheard the tutor telling the professor that students will have a lot of problems with programming this particular question and she was absolutely right. I'm really proud and glad that I succeeded without any external help. I developed the new program totally by myself in the morning.
Anyway, here are the photos of the food Bryan prepared for Artur's birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment