Odense is Denmark third largest city and the hometown of the Hans Christian Andersens. It is about 2 hours by train from Copenhagen Central Station. I went with Pei Yun on Saturday, as part of her birthday celebration (we celebrated her birthday the night before). The trip was actually almost cancelled because the train ticket for 2 ways from Copenhagen cost 400+ DKK which Pei Yun cannot possibly afford. I have no problem with train ticket because I have my Eurail Pass. We planned to go to Roskilde instead, but when we were at the train station, we checked the price for youth, under the age of 26 and to our pleasant surprise, it is half price. So, we changed our plan again and Pei Yun paid 224 DKK for 2 ways. She says she feels like she's going to Malaysia from Singapore. :)
Besides H.C Andersen House, we also visited St. Knud's cathedral, where Knud den Hellige's, the King of Denmark from 1080 A.D. and his brother, Benedikt's skeletons were kept. St. Knud was murdered at the altar of the church that previously stood at that site.
Overall, I like the feeling of being in Odense, maybe because I'm already sick of Copenhagen. :)
Here are the photos... they are supposed to be in the opposite order, but I uploaded them the other way round...I look like a "ba zhang" (dumpling) in the photos because I wore many layers inside due to the cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment