Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Zaanse Schans (windmill village in the Netherlands)

We took a morning trip by train to Koog Zaandijk station from Amsterdam. It was about 15 minutes walk to Zaanse Schans but we were told by a local that the bridge was broken, so we have to take a ferry over to Zaanse Schans. It was really nice though.

We spent longer time than expected here because we became split up after a while because each of us has our own preference for speed. :) We were able to try many varieties of Dutch cheese in the cheese shop there. I bought Dutch smoked cheese and custard and I intend to let my family try them. I wanted to buy the non-smoked cheese too, but they cannot last long until I return to Singapore. The place is quite touristy and I suspect it's built purposely for tourists but it was a beautiful place. I remember watching channel 8 program on Europe travel hosted by Mark Lee and Wang Jian Fu, I think they visited this place too (if I'm not wrong).

Anyway, here are the photos.....

















No comments: