Friday, October 3, 2008

Invitation by the City of Copenhagen to the Radhuspladsen (City Hall Square)

I enjoy myself very much today because I have a free day and I was able to attend the invitation to the City Hall in Copenhagen, where The Lord Mayor Ritt Bjerregaard and rector at the university of Copenhagen Ralf Hemmingsen officially welcome international students to Copenhagen. We were served the so called world famous "City Hall Pancakes". It really tasted very nice..I think there were custard and caramel in it but I cannot be 100% sure about it. The pancakes finished really fast and Jon only managed to grab 2 servings while I was luckier to had 3. It was also the first time we went into the Parliament house and I would say it's a very unique experience. I feel now that I'm a part of this city, except perhaps for all those alcohols. :)

After the invitation, we walked around chinatown area which is just stone's throw away from the city hall. For dinner, we had Yui Chi preparing Japanese food for us. It's been a long time since I last had Japanese food and I'm grateful to him for sharing his Japanese recipes with us. :)

Here are the photos for today....

The Invitation card

birds-a common sight in Europe

in the parliament house
trying to be funny but not funny at all. :)
in the parliament house
cute baby saying Hi to Jon
in the parliament house
a whole table of pancakes
this is how it looks like
fruits
art in the parliament house
in the parliament house
giving a speech? Hehe....
the pancakes
Jon eager to try the pancake
in the parliament house
Jon dragging the grocery basket in Super Best Supermarket
Miso Soup
Meat dish (actually cooked by me and Tanunya, although Yui Chi prepared the meat.:) )
Japanese Rice

Nice Dinner. :)

No comments: