Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Friday again...

It's Friday again and as usual, I don't have any class. The difference between today and other past Fridays is that I'm a little busier this time. I did not do any grocery shopping for this whole week and my food supply is running out, so I quickly went down to Aldi alone in the morning.

I recieved an email from ExxonMobil inviting me for interview as an Intern in the company next Tuesday in Jurong Island. Unfortunately, I'm in Denmark and I will not be able to attend the interview. So I wrote to the HR about my situation and I hope they will arrange a tele-interview soon. I hope I will not lose the opportunity to do internship in ExxonMobil because it is a prestigious company and many did not have the chance to be allocated to this company by NUS. They also give generous allowance for Interns compared to all other companies except Shell.

I hava a Process Control assignment to submit on Monday, so I will work on that today too. It's supposed to be a 4 person work, my Spanish group mate (Lucia) wrote the first few questions for the report, taking the results from our Israeli friend (Erez). However, there is a mismatch between what she wrote and my own results. So I went to see our tutor to clarify who is right and it turns out that both of us are right and what our Israeli friend did was another version of the same solution. He obtained his results from Maple, so the Mathematic is directly written from there which can be quite confusing because it is programming langauge. My results on the other hand are obtained manually and presented in more systematic and understandable manner. Hence, I have to rewrite almost everything from the beginning using my method of solution because it is clearer and much less messy. On top of this, I also did the Matlab simulations and since I was the only one who wrote the Matlab codes and did all the simulations, I will have to do the report for this part all on my own because it will take me much more time if I try to explain to my Spanish friend the simulation results so that she can write the report.

There is also another assignment to be due in 2 weeks time. Out of the 7 questions, 4 are very easy, so Rogelio and myself write the report for these 4 questions quickly so that we have more time to work on the other 3 questions which are quite tedious.

Anyway, I'm taking things easy, it's no use making myself busy on my free day, especially when I'm away from NUS. :) I have done all my parts and finished almost everything now, so I will enjoy the rest of my day.

No comments: