In Switzerland, I stayed with Andreas in his hostel room in Zurich and in France, I stayed with Shiela in Paris. Both Andreas and Shiela are Indonesians like myself, so we take care of each other in Europe. :) Andreas will come and visit me in Denmark on 5th January'09. It will be my turn to be his host and I gladly welcome him to Denmark. :) When I see him eating rice with cheese for breakfast each morning, I felt pitiful for him, maybe because he has no time to cook and prepare proper food. I will definitely cook for him when he visits me in Denmark. I also hope I will find the time to bring him around Copenhagen.
Actually, I was never close to Andreas before the trip, we only talked once or at most twice in NUS, because I think he hangs out mostly with the Singaporeans in school, but he recognises me and knows that I'm always with Erwin and Erwin and myself always hang around with other Indonesians like Anton, Devid (my distant cousin), Evelyn, etch. Erwin is also not close to him, otherwise he would have introduced me to him. Erwin always introduce his friends to me and that is how I got to know Ireneus also. Only just about 4 weeks ago, Andreas added me on MSN, at first I cannot remember who he was, but after some chatting, then I figured out that he's the Indonesian guy whom I talked to during one SEP meeting in NUS. It was a pleasant surprise and I quickly made plans to visit him in Switzerland and he also quickly made plans to come to Denmark. Haha... I'm really happy to get in touch with him. :)
Of the places I visited during this trip, I love Luzern and Interlaken the most, the sceneries of the snow-capped alps, the lakes and villages are simply amazing. My photos of Zurich, Bern, Luzern and Interlaken are still with Andreas. He will store them in his thumbdrive and bring to me when he comes on 5th January. I will post the photos of Paris, Marseille and Geneva as soon as I find the time to do so.
One disadvantage of travelling during winter is that the day is short and it gets dark by approximately 5pm. I don't like it because I can't see the places in daylight and take good pictures. This is especially so for Bern becaue I was not able to reach it on time when there is still daylight. Similarly, I explored Zurich in the dark. Haha... Although I stayed in Zurich with Andreas, I was always going out of it to other places in the day.
Tomorrow will be the submission of the Separation Process take-home exam part II. After the submission, it will be the end of this module. :) I have actually finished the exam report before I left for my travelling, so now I'm simply checking that I have not forgotten to insert any relevant figures into the report.
Anyway, it's time to go back to study now. Haha.... I have been playing too much and exams are coming. I have 3 exams, 1 of them is oral exam for Chemical Engineering Model Analysis module. It is just for the professor to establish who did what for each of the 4 assignments. The other 2 exams are for Petroluem Engineering and Process Control and Dyanmics. I hope I will be able to handle these 2 exams.
Meanwhile, here are the photos of Andreas's and Shiela's place in Zurich and Paris respectively.
Kitchen
No comments:
Post a Comment