Today is Wednesday and it is my free day. :) I only have 3 days week, Wednesday and Friday are free for me. This kind of timetable is never possible in NUS, especially for engineering students. I'm beginning to enjoy my time here very much because I don't have any stress. There will only be 2 exams out of the 5 modules I'm taking here. The rest are assignments, projects and lab works. According to Wenjing, a phD student here in DTU, the exams in DTU are relatively easy because they simply repeat the same type of questions you have solved in class before. So NUS students should not have problems because we are so used to sitting for hard exams with unfamiliar questions. I hope what she says is true and I'm taking her words seriously because I don't study much here. I feel so carefree everyday because I just have to do my part for the assignments (which I don't have to spend much time on and I'm already ahead of most people I guess) and there are no tutorial questions to solve before class. Questions for practice are given in class and usually they can all be solved before lesson ends.
How I hope NUS can have such system, then students will be able to learn in a relaxed and interactive environment. I'm always reminded of how hell busy we were last semester with 3 deisgn projects, lab reports fortnightly, weekly assignments and never ending tutorials. It was the worst learning experience in my life and I hate being made so stressed up and busy without having time for myself. Luckily, that hell semester was over and I did relatively well in the end (I'm satisfied) and I'm now having a good break here in Denmark. If I had not come for exchange program, I will have to endure the same suffering in NUS again and maybe more because Davina told me it is double stress this semester. Haizzzz....
We made plans for our next travel during the 1 week mid-term break which starts on 13th oct. Since our friday is free, we have an additional day, so our holiday effectively starts on 10th oct (including the weekend). Right now our plan is to go to Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Brussels and if there is time to Ghent (Prof Mark Saeys hometown! haha...). Most probably we will be getting another Eurail pass for youth (it's so nice to be youth in Europe-below 26), which cost 234 Eur for any 5 days in 2 months in 4 neighbouring countries. I hope our plan will go smoothly and we will be on our way for another travel. :)
Anyway, I'm proud of my own cooking for dinner today. :) I cooked aglio e olio (Italian pasta) and it turns out really nice although it is quite oily. I'm not boasting to say that it is better than the one we had in Rome-Aglio e olio in Rome turns out to be too dissapointing for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment