Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bryan's Birthday and Chinatown in Copenhagen

We celebrated Bryan's birthday on 17th Sept in our container. Bryan is from USA and he just turned 22-the same age as me. Haha.... We prepared pasta and vegetable soup. Bryan is the nicest guy I met here. He is gentle, considerate and thoughtful. He will join us for our travel to Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. :)

Yesterday (Friday), Jon and myself went to the 'Chinatown' of Copenhagen. It was located just outside Kobenhavn H (Copenhagen Central Station, where you take trains to other parts of Denmark or out of Denmark). Although it is called the chinatown, but there are more Indian shops than Chinese shops. I'm happy to see many Asian brands there, but as expected, they are super expensive. I bought chilli sauce, which cost 15DKK which is about S$4.40 (you can get it for less than S$2 in Sinagpore) and 5kg of potatoes. Yes, 5kg! I love potatoes and it was cheap there-only S$5.80. A small tin of Milo cost about S$10-it's simply crazy. Luckily, I brought my own Milo from Singapore. :) Apperantly, the Europeans don't drink milo, only coffee and tea.

Anyway, here are the photos..



outside Kobenhavn H station
Chinese lawyer-anyone? :)
' Chinatown'
WOW!! Indomie...I must show this to my dad
Happy Birthday Bryan
Vegetable curry which I cooked. :) arriving in Kobenhavn H from Lyngby
Kobenhavn H station

YuiChi concentrating on his cooking
Artur helping to prepare the meat
me cooking for the pasta
vegetable soup which I cooked. :)

our container family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good......

Unknown said...

hello dario'm from Argentina, eh seen very nice images to your blog, I see that the re raisins well with your friends and I like it a lot. greetings from here to invite you to my blog www.chargentino.blogspot.com step you hope and greetings