Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random thoughts and photos

Just a couple of photos which I wanted to post but didn't do so because I was too lazy. :) Next Weekend we are planning to go to Sweden and there should be more photos coming up. One important photo which I think I must post is the photo of my parents and favourite auntie sending me off in Changi airport. I must post this photo because it was a very emotional moment, my mum cried a lot when I left, I saw tears in my dad's eyes too. My auntie was totally speechless and I can see the sadness in her face (Ankita said she saw that she was too sad to talk). I was also afraid that I wouldn't be able to overcome my homesickness, and my mum told me when I just passed the security that I can come back anytime I want, she said never mind about late graduation or buying expensive air tickets, just come back anytime I want, just treat all these as a holiday and an experience. But well, now I am well and happy in Denmark and homesickness becomes much less after I make so many new wonderful friends here.

Today is Bryan's birthday and we are going to have a big dinner in our container tonight. We wanted to buy a cake for his birthday but it was extremely expensive, even if we share the cost with 9 people, it is still too expensive. Well, that's the fact of life in Denmark. Then, we wanted to buy cake mix but we were afraid to take the risk because it might turn out bad, so in the end we only bought a small piece of cake just for him and it costs 18.50DKK, which is about S$5.40.

I went to Lyngby flea market with Tanunya last weekend by bike. It was really nice cycling in Denmark and in the cold. Hehe.... Tanunya loves flea market and I can understand why, things are sold really cheap because they are second hand stuffs. She has bought many clothes and a bag so far from flea markets. Each top can cost as little as S$3 and branded second hand clothes cost S$6 or more. However, I didn't buy any clothes from there because my dad wouldn't like it, he will say they are unhygenic.

There is going to be a big gathering in a Thai temple here in Copenhagen this coming Sunday and Tanunya, Jon and myself are going. :) I'm happy to find a Theravada Meditation centre here but I hope they will speak English instead of Thai.




my parents and favourite auntie sending me off in Changi airport
In front of our container V-our nice hostel
A typical flea market
containers in DTU Campus Village
my typical lunch box-it's expensive to eat even in DTU canteen


No comments: