Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Rome photos
Here are the photos of Rome. Actually there are tons of pictures, but I'm selecting only a few to post here. I don't have the energy to post each and every photos. :) My camera battery was low when I was at the Roman Forum so there is only 2 photos of the Roman Forum, the rests are with Jon and I'm lazy to get them from him now. :)
view of the Roman Forum (Etruscans and Greeks used the Forum as marketplace, then early Romans founded a thatched-hut shanty town here in 753 BC)
view of the Roman Forum
one of the Piazza near our hostel (i forgot the name of the piazza!)
In the Colosseum (within 100 days of its AD 80 opening, some 5000 wild beasts perished in the arena. Until now I still don't understand why a cross is put there!)
outside the colosseum
Palatine Hill ( legend has it that Palatine Hill was home to the she-wolf who suckled brothers Romulus and Remus, mythical founders of Rome)
Palatine Hill
The Parliament
Fontana Di Trevi (legend had it that a traveller who throws a coin into the fountain is ensured a speedy return to Rome. One who tosses 2 coins will fall in love there. Anyway, I threw none! :))
Fontana Di Trevi
Fountain at the Spanish Steps
Brothers Romulus and Remus, mythical founder of Rome
The Pantheon (architects still wonder how this 2000 year old temple was erected)
The Pantheon (a perfect half sphere made of poured concrete without the support of vaults, arches or ribs)
outside The Pantheon


Vatican City (Michelangalo work)
Vatican City (a woman praying)
Vatican City
Vatican City
view of Vatican City from the bridge
Vatican City (Swiss Soldiers)
Vatican City (in the Basilican Di San Pietro-St. Peter's)
Vatican City (Mass in the St Peter's Basilica)
Vatican City (list of all popes up to and uncluding Pope John Paul II)
Vatican City (in St. Peter's Basilica)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you should put a tag board so that everyone can comment!!
Peng Wen
Post a Comment