Monday, August 25, 2008

Back in Copenhagen

Jon and myself reached Copenhagen from Hamburg at around 12:11pm and we have to wait until 3:00pm for our Danish buddies from DTU to fetch us. Our buddies didn't come in the end though and luckily we found another Danish buddy waiting for students from Spain, so we followed him to DTU. It was a very tiring journey, especially when my luggage is 31kg (excluding my backpack and 2 other bags). Nevertheless, I'm happy to have finally reached DTU and stayed in my comfortable hostel room.

My hostel is in the campus, they call it the campus village and they are just containers like those you see on construction sites. The friends in my container V are all very friendly and they all come from different countries (Poland, USA, Latvia, Thailand, Japan and Luthania). The Polish guy, Arthur has been living in Denmark for the past 6 months so he acts like our big brother, bringing us around to the supermarket. I'm really happy to have so many helpful friends on my first day in DTU. However, I was told and also as I have observed, the Danes are very helpful but are very reserved and very difficult to make friends with them.

The trip to Prague in Czech Republic was cancelled because Jon was unable to obtain the ticket due to some technical problems with the company sending us e-tickets. In the end, we spent 2 more nights in Vienna which was not that bad afterall because we really need some rests after so much travelling. I begin to like Vienna a lot though, it's really a great feeling I had there.

I have already uploaded the photos from my travelling into my laptop but I'll only upload it on the web when I have the time. It's already 12:36am here in Denmark and I'm already very tired.

No comments: